Questions to ask in order to identify advantages:
1. What does this behavior bring to me?
2. What is important for me about this behavior?
3. What do I get by doing this?
4. Which is the positive intention behind this behavior?
5. And if I am to benefit from it, what else is brought to my life by this behavior?
6. What is my purpose in doing this?
7. And if I were to do this, would I be satisfied or is something else also needed?
8. Which benefits can I get if I do this?
9. What do I want to get for me by doing this?
10. Which would be an unexpected gain if I did this?
11. What do I include/attract into my life by means of this behavior?
12. Which advantages are usually considered by others, that also apply to me in this situation?
13. Which is the best thing that can happen if I do this?
14. Why is it important for me to do this?
15. What was my gain in the past by doing this?
Questions to ask in order to identify disadvantages:
1. What do I lose by doing this?
2. Which risks do I add to my life by means of this behavior?
3. What do I exclude/dismiss from my life by doing this?
4. And if I do this, which disadvantages could occur?
5. If I do this, what else bad can also happen?
6. Which are the predictable consequences that I can expect if I continue to do this?
7. Which could be a few unpredictable and unwanted consequences of this behavior?
8. Where do I get if I continue to always do this?
9. How will this story end if it continues in this manner?
10. Which current benefits can I lose considering this behavior?
11. Which disadvantages are usually considered by others which are also applied to me in this situation?
12. Which is the worst thing that can happen if I do this?
13. What did I lose in the past by doing this?
14. What (do I think) is happening if I don’t do this?
16. Who else loses something in this situation?
The materials on this blog are subject to this disclaimer.
Copyright (C) Marcus Victor Grant 2019-2020 Translation by Cristiana Brezeanu of the article “Întrebări pentru a evalua un comportament” published initially in Romanian at 16.7.2019 on Discerne. Copyright (C) Marcus Victor Grant, all rights reserved