Marcus Victor Grant
Consultant, coach, trainer, and author in personal, professional, and organizational development. Specialties: efficient learning, strategic promotion, NLP.
I worked as a fast & efficient learning freelancer in structured consulting, training, and writing between 2004-2022. As of the fall of 2022, because of severe health problems, I have suspended professional activity. In addition, I used to excel in publishing, copywriting, and psychometrics. I persistently worked with clients, collaborators, and participants who were sharing a passion for self-knowledge, personal development, and business optimization. I used to fix problems effectively and shortcut roads to goal achievement by practicing profound correlations of evaluations and analysis with professionalism.
I live in Italy but I have worked for clients all around the world. I was born as Ștefan Alexandrescu in Romania, a country from the former communist block. As I am transitioning between using my new business name and the name by which I was known in Romania, some of the results you find for me will be under Marcus Victor Grant and some under Ștefan Alexandrescu.
Check my complete detailed professional profile on LinkedIn here.
My most functional and groundbreaking approach, which offers lifetime effective profound change, mixes advanced NLP techniques with schema-focused therapy and other methods. Those interested in a profound journey to their most relevant structures of personality are welcome to solicit a free evaluation correlating multiple instruments. This is not a service currently available.
Professionally, using my services and products, I used to support people in their transformation and development, prioritizing what matters to each of them. In our first messages or our first meeting, it is important to establish what type of services are best for you from what I offer: consulting, coaching, mentoring, or something special.
As an individual consultant, I have combined my analysis, assessment, and coaching skills to optimally turn into account my knowledge and experiences in NLP (since 2004), marketing and public relations (since 2005), and human resources (since 2006). What this brought for my clients personally, professionally, financially, and emotionally was self-knowledge, balance, and values, that lead to meeting the objectives and solving the issues, as complex or profound as they may be. I have worked in Romanian, English, and Italian for clients from the USA, Sweden, Finland, Austria, Germany, Romania, Belgium, Spain, the United Kingdom, Greece, Kazachstan, Italy, and the Republic of Moldova.
Those who know me describe me as a professional and earnest consultant (although sometimes rather formal), perseverant (although sometimes too insistent), analytical (although sometimes too complex), enthusiastic (although sometimes hasty), with high standards (some say “too high”), with clear strategic orientations (although sometimes in too many directions), who fully exerts his talent in using words both verbally and in writing, which is also proved by the performed professional orientation tests, as leading native and experienced talent.
PR & Marketing graduate (2004-2008); HR Masters graduate (2011); governmentally recognized training / certified as Trainer, HR inspector; NLP practitioner (2005), LAB Profile [en, html] Consultant (2006), Identity Compass [en. html] Consultant (2007).
As a graduate of formal and informal educational programs, I make available to professional organizations my freelance services in the fields of communication and public relations (bachelor’s degree, 2008), career orientation and counseling (master’s degree, dissertation 2011), managerial communication and human resources (master’s degree, dissertation 2011), NLP (practitioner, 2005), human resources inspection (certification obtained in 2008) and training (certificate obtained in 2007).
These qualifications, supported by other training and courses, are multiplied by practical experience in each of these fields, offered to organizations and clients, and performed within my own organization of internal projects.
I am recognized and professionally appreciated [en, scribd] for career consulting, brand development, and personal brand consulting & training. In addition, I have specific experience one-on-one with young professionals, aspiring employees, freelancers, and small business entrepreneurs.
I am preoccupied (with studying and designing applications) in these specialization areas: speed reading, training, public speaking, organizational transformation, 360-degree assessment, neuro-linguistic programming (especially metaprograms, values, timelines, prime concerns, modeling, the pyramid of the neurologic levels), schema therapy, Spiral Dynamics, strategy, human resources profiling, psychometrical research, publishing, personal branding, self-esteem, coaching, transactional analysis drivers, stress coping strategies, defensive mechanisms and their implications on the subconscious aspects of the identity and branding, for people and businesses…
I held the first specialized metaprograms seminars with applications in marketing and HR in Romania (2005). In addition, I worked in a research group developing the design and implementation of evaluation tools on stress-coping strategies and motivation in the organizational field. As a result, I am one of the few Romanian NLP Consultants specializing in metaprograms changing.
I am a specialist in self-esteem. I have conducted research on this topic and have written several tens of articles on this topic.
I have been blogging since 2007. My articles reached more than 1.5 million views at all-time. I published on more than 20 websites. I founded 4 blogs. Currently, I am posting on 2 blogs.
Current professional roles:
- Author and publisher of blogging and printed books, under several forms of collaboration in time (currently not writing anymore, all articles appearing on Analytic Vision have been written during the previous years and are scheduled to appear roughly every 2 weeks until 2023.
- Consultant (via Skype)
- Editor/collaborator in several magazines/newspapers/publications
- Member of several professional associations (for instance, co-founder of the Romanian Coaching Association)
- Researcher in socio-human sciences – beginner level
- Trainer, facilitator, public speaker
- Passionate about contemporary history and geopolitics.
- Marketing & PR – own projects (2004-2018)
- Marketing & PR – consultant (2005-2007, 2011-2018, 2020-2022)
- HR Consultant (2006-2011)
- Coach (occasionally, co-founder of the Romanian Coaching Guild)
- NGO or crowdfunding activities (2004-2006, 2008-2010, 2020-2022)
- Business & Entrepreneurship Consultant (2009-2018)
- Trainer (2005-2007, 2011, 2013-2018, 2021)
As a service provider in the development and management of resources and businesses for companies and broad audiences, it is important for me to offer to my clients and participants in my programs my experience in education (I had my first coaching client in 2004 and the first training clients in 2005), research (psychometrics and marketing), and teamwork (since 2001, I have been working with 200+ persons in 80+ groups/teams, in 70+ professional projects).
As a marketer, it is important for me to combine my skills, knowledge, and experiences in promotional strategy, sales, and copywriting to deliver a presentation, a memorable trajectory of my services and products, and those of my clients. In collaboration with designers and programmers, I can bring to life the visible alignment of the values, objectives, and results for any product or service chosen in agreement with the client.
As an author of books and blogs, it is important for me to share ideas that would change perspectives. With publishing experience starting in 2001, I have held positions and published hundreds of articles in tens of publications (newspapers, websites, magazines, weekly publications, and blogs). In addition, I am the author of 5 books published during 2005-2015 and 1 audiobook. Books of mine have been ordered from Romania, the USA, the UK, Italy, and the Republic of Moldova.
As a manager, it is important for me to operate unique collaborations with freelance providers of translations, design, photography, graphic design, transcriptions, proofreading, copywriting, and podcasting, which I used in my publishing activity and developing services and products for my business clients. In this respect, I use my assessment, delegation, writing, and project management skills to provide satisfactory experiences for all parties involved. I believe in win-win-win.
What described me through what I do
- Mapmaker: Charting the deep emotions and thoughts which encompass the human personality.
- Founder / Promoter for the personal & professional development market (especially in Romania) of the following:
Timelines (2008, International Psychology Fair)
Neurological Branding (2008, International Psychology Fair)
Metalanguage Analysis & Strategy (2006-2007, articles in Psihologia Azi and on damaideparte.ro, presentations at the National Conference of Organizational Psychology 2005, Business-Edu 2006)
Defensive Mechanisms of the Self (Most original White Paper in Psychology, 2005)
Graphological Analysis (4 years of experience, hundreds of analyses done) and Grapho-Therapy (Presentation, International Psychology Fair, 2008)
Efficient Learning (Multimedia CD, in collaboration with Andy Szekely [ro, php]. 1st edition: 2005, 2nd edition: 2008, 3rd edition:2012)
Self-Esteem (2 series of articles, research, dissertation), the award for the best personal development article (Ionuţ Ciurea, 2007)
Brand electoral study (2004) – Branding using NLP – 1st Romanian Psychological Research applied in Political branding – 1st prize, Management-Marketing, EconomMix 2005
Transactional Analysis Drivers (test translated into Romanian [ro, doc] + article series [ro, blog]; presentation, The International Psychology Fair, with the participation of Romanian Association of Transactional Analysis [ro, html]
I am, among others, the co-founder and co-author of the professional, ethical code of the Romanian Coaching Guild (2008), a former candidate for the general secretary position (2010), and I have a 2.5 years-long participation experience in professional and student organizations (fragmented between 2004-2011), as a member and/or volunteer/collaborator with various NGOs from Romania, UK and Italy. However, since 2011, I have no longer been officially affiliated with any NGO as a registered member. In addition, I was the founder of my own company, Artis Consulting & Training (registered in 2004 and closed in 2018), through which I performed a large part of my professional activity while in Romania.
I have developed an advanced strategic analysis model for developing products and corporate decisions, presented in 2005 at the National Psychology Exhibition and in 2006 at the National Conference of Industrial and Organizational Psychology. I have participated, in an invention and an industrial design, both created by me, in 2 invention exhibitions. I have developed a 360-degree assessment system used in personal branding. Finally, I have successfully prepared an innovative research methodology in marketing and psychometrics, which has been acknowledged at the university level.
(extended list in Linkedin profile [en, php])
- Entrepreneurship: START Governmental program (2004), NetCamp (2007, 2009), Good to Go (2009), BOS Entrepreneurship School (2010), Lisa Marie Pepe’s program (2022)
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (practitioner, 2004-2005) + supplementary specializing certifications (2006, 2007, 2020)
- Transactional Analysis (2005, 2006, 2008)
- Psychodrama (2006)
- Communication Strategy in Marketing & Public Relations (Promotion, Communication, Persuasion, Assertiveness, Sales, Negotiation, Marketing Research, Personal Branding, Public Speaking, Psychoanalysis, Web Design, Social and Political Marketing, Psychology of Advertising, Cultural Marketing, and Book Editing, Permission Marketing, Television & Film Classes – film directing).
- Human Resources (HR Management, Graphological Analysis, Motivation, Defensive Mechanisms of the Self, Sociology, Personnel, Organizational and Economic Psychology, psychometric instruments design & development, Social Care, Mentoring)
- Management (Project Management & Writing, Emotional Intelligence, Financial Intelligence, Local Government, Commercial Operations and Contracts, Strategic Management, Anger Management)
- Coaching (Goal Management, Career Planning, Conflicts Negotiation & Mediation, Hypnosis, Self-Knowledge, Gestalt therapy and Psychointegrative therapy, Life coaching, Conversational Coaching). I do not have a formation officially recognized by ICF (International Coaching Federation but I have taken various courses with trainers who form coaches).
- Efficient Learning: Photo Reading, Concentration, and Memorising (Creativity, Speed Reading, and Memorising Techniques, Social Memory, Concentration and Meditation, Vision Training)
Marcus Victor Grant’s blogs and publishing activity
I am the founder of 4 blogs, among which the collaborative blog “Discerne” (2011-present), which is 2012 won me the first edition of a competition called ”National Blogging Championship” (a campaign organized by Blog al Initiative), and got me nominated for the Webstock Awards (2014). From this position, I have published over 1000 posts (2009-present), from approx. 20 authors, of which 10 were long-term collaborators. I have often been invited or interviewed by TV channels, magazines, newspapers, and websites, and I have spoken especially in Romania about topics related to education, learning, professional assessment, manipulation, and negotiation.
Discerne is my Romanian official blog. It started being active in March 2011. It is intended for Romanian readers. For those who wish to read the English version of the articles, I recommend that they use Google Chrome to translate that blog or read the articles published on Analytic Vision starting in 2009, i.e., on Debug Your Mind. Most of the articles published in Romanian have not been translated and published (yet) in English.
DISCERNE is a generalist blog like Analytic Vision, the first public blog. Debug Your Mind was the author’s third blog, in English, on documentaries and reality-related films. Dezvoltare Profesională (Professional Development) is an abandoned attempt at a collective blog.
- http://Discerne.wordpress.com (active blog, Ro, 800+ posts)
- http://AnalyticVision.wordpress.com (active blog, En, 300+ posts)
- http://DebugYourMind.wordpress.com (inactive blog, En)
- http://DezvoltareProfesionala.wordpress.com (inactive blog, Ro)
Photographs with me may be found on this multimedia page.