The ideas below are taken from my own experience and are a few minor changes that, if each of us made, would radically change our lives.
(keep reading ↓)
1. Face each problem with a smile.
2. Engage in physical activities in the morning! Necessarily!
3. Stay quiet each time you feel “”oo free” to talk. That is when you start criticizing others; you think you are unique and start speaking nonsense. Nobody has ever been considered to be stupid for keeping their mouth shut.
4. Keep a record of your expenses and income. This is how you will have a clear overview of your investments and wastes. Reward yourself for your good choices and punish yourself for your ineffective/inefficient decisions.
5. Keep a diary. Yes, by hand. Analyze your performances, dreams, and experiences. Then, when you write them down, they will make better sense.
“All humanity’s problems stem from man’s inability to sit quietly in a room alone.”
6. Drink 10 glasses of water daily. OK, at least 6. But let them be large!
7. Be generous! I’m not saying you should give a change to gypsies – I’m referring to cultivating your compassion and kindness in our relations with others as a given, not as a matter of pride.
8. Take nutritional supplements. You don’t have time for healthy eating, so you will need calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, vitamins B6, D3, E, C, A, and folic acid. Have your blood tested and ask your family physician to set your dosage and chart so that you would know how much, how long, and at which time of the day you should take them. Don’t start wasting money on MLM products, which are 2-3 times more expensive than those you buy from a health store! Get documented before buying. You only do this once. Then it becomes a habit, and you will only have to go to the health store once a month with your list already prepared.
9. Don’t answer your phone, e-mail, Facebook, or Twitter unless you allot time, especially for this. You are not the slave of your phone. Make time to manage your e-mails. You are not addicted to Facebook unless this earns you money. If you are on Facebook for socializing, get your nose out of the screen and meet a friend – there is nothing that can substitute genuine communication! You are not as important as you think you are. You need to get some rest, eat and focus. Don’t waiver these rights willingly; otherwise, others are going to make a mess out of them!
10. Make a shelf with books to be (re)read – and I don’t mean novels but practical specialty books that help you understand and better manage your life and career (and no, this does not include the personal development books – you will have to choose a more concrete theme). Always carry an interesting book with you that you would read when you are on a bus, waiting in line at a supermarket, cooking, etc….…
If you make a habit of any of them, your life will change. I guarantee you that! To (re) create a habit, you must practice it at least 21 days in a row.
If you liked this article, I invite you to read more
The Quadrant of making Things Happening
What Are You Doing with the Rest of Your 8 hours a Day?
What Are You Pretending Not to Have for Your Problem to Be Real?
Text Copyright © Marcus Victor Grant 2012-present. Translation by Cristiana Brezeanu of the article “10 obiceiuri sănătoase de care toată lumea știe că sunt bune dar nu le face“ previously published by Marcus Victor Grant in Romanian at the 23rd of February 2012 on Discerne. Text Copyright © Marcus Victor Grant, all rights reserved. The materials on this blog are subject to this disclaimer.