The analysis of handwriting helps build a very precise profile of the evaluated client, following certain traits or trends, offering the possibility to reveal things that are difficult to find out or are found out in time about the client.
The working manner consists in the fact that, at first, one notices certain fine traits in the writing, form, and size of the letters, of the connections among them, which give a series of trends. Through correlation, these make up certain trends that are more general, outlining a profile of the very specific character traits, which help profoundly know the person in the context in which the evaluation is wanted.
For instance, among the character traits that can be noticed in the graphological analysis, one mentions: openness to others, optimism, fluidity in thinking, concentration capacity, attention to feedback, critical thinking, self-esteem, conscientiousness, diplomacy, stubbornness, enthusiasm, perseverance, creativity, conflicts, dedication, intuition, loyalty, delicacy, energy, as well as one’s more complex traits, such as one’s sincerity degree, success orientation, management abilities, task fulfillment capacity, teamwork orientation, resistance to stress, sales skills, objectivity or hypersensitivity, as well as the degree to which these or their opponent is manifested.
In the interpersonal knowledge and in profiling the human resources, the graphological analysis offers an extremely useful instrument, if not vital, for performing proper profiling. In time, this field has acquired more and more acknowledgment internationally, being qualified by some as a science.
As far back as ancient times, man has been preoccupied with penetrating the secrets of this world, and one of the oldest challenges, still current, is deciphering the mysteries of the human mind. Although we are still far from inventing a technology that would facilitate reading minds, or an instrument that would accurately predict somebody’s behavior at a given time, we can say that important steps have been taken in that direction. The body language interpretation, the metalanguage analysis, and especially the graphological analysis, are powerful instruments with the help of which somebody can be “read”.
Similarly, as fingerprints, iris, and voice are unique for each individual, so is handwriting. Even though in primary school, we have all learned to write using the same model and we have all written the same little lines and vertical bars, this process has subsequently been overtaken by our unconscious mind which, through very fine electrical impulses sent to the hand and fingers, causes the modeling of the handwriting in a manner which is particular for each person.
Practically, any behavior pattern running in the subconscious mind causes specific neuromuscular micro-movements that remain imprinted in the natural handwriting identically for all individuals that have that behavioral pattern. Further to the researches that have been performed over several centuries, they have made correlations between the forms of several letters and different personality traits. At present, an experienced graphological analyst can identify over 70 personality traits, which combined give the E-FIT of the person who has written.
They say that “appearances are deceitful”. How many times has it happened to you to trust somebody, in a personal or business relationship, only to find out later that that individual was lying to you, was rude to your clients, was late, or even collaborated with a competing firm? Or, on the other hand, maybe it has happened that you met somebody, that you would not give the right credit to until much later, in certain circumstances. The graphological analysis can reveal traits such as lying, postponing, fear of success, etc., but also honesty, enthusiasm, fast-thinking, etc. Practically, within 30 minutes, you can find qualities and flaws of a person that would otherwise take months or years to be revealed.
In the US, most organizations have been using graphological analysis to recruit personnel or test them psychologically for over 20 years. In an article published in “The Wall Street Journal”, in 1988, they mentioned that in France, Spain, Holland, and Israel approximately 80% of the 500 most successful companies used the Graphological Analysis in human resources management, having graphological analysis consultants or even having full-time employees that were Graphological Analysis experts.
Fortunately, the mechanisms underlying handwriting make it impossible to fake it – thus, handwriting always accurately reveals somebody’s personality. Its interpretation, however, entirely depends on the experience of the graphological analyst.
The graphological analysis implies the evaluation of somebody’s personality from a specific graphological sample. Depending on the results, one prepares a precise profile and one can make certain recommendations, depending on the purpose for which the analysis is performed. As soon as somebody is getting ready to start a long-term communication with a client, a detailed analysis of a graphological sample can offer valuable information. Also, in evaluating the employed personnel.
Benefits in personnel evaluation
- A complete and detailed profile of the attitudes, behaviors, and certain abilities, as well as the correlations among them which every member of the personnel has
- Knowing the right profile for a certain position
- Clear indications regarding the reasons why some persons react in a certain way
- Predicting the way an individual will act, based on the tendencies revealed in their writing
- Identifying ways in which the right individual would be put in the right place
- Avoiding costly investments in the personnel analysis
- Avoiding problems and risks that the wrong persons might cause in certain positions in the organization
- The possibility of preparing…, with each employee, to address their preferences
- Comparing the profiles of certain employees, to identify how they work in a team
Benefits in personnel selection
- The possibility of performing a profile of the wanted candidate and recruiting the right person by comparing this profile to the one resulting further to the graphological analysis for each candidate
- Identifying the right people for the right positions in a fast and economical manner
- Decreasing the efforts and increasing the results of the recruiting process
- Identifying the potential of certain candidates to achieve certain tasks in which the employer would not have thought that they would excel
- Avoiding the costs that might be incurred by recruiting persons that are not suitable for the organization
Benefits for the career-consulted client
- Knowing one’s own strengths and weaknesses
- Knowing the inclinations towards communication with certain persons or orientation towards certain professional positions
- Recommendations customized using the graphological analysis, for personal and professional development and management
- Identifying the explanations for certain negative tendencies and suggestions for personal and professional development and management
- Evaluation as compared to a certain desired profile
- Identifying traits required for personally or professionally addressing to a certain individual or organization
- Valuable information on the client’s most convenient manner of approaching others, depending on their preferences, tendencies, and abilities
Text Copyright © Marcus Victor Grant 2007-present. Translation by Cristiana Brezeanu of the article “Beneficiile analizei grafologice“ previously published by Marcus Victor Grant in Romanian on the 3rd of June 2012 on Discerne. Text Copyright © Marcus Victor Grant, all rights reserved. Originally written in 2007.
The materials on this blog are subject to this disclaimer.