Certain research tends to prove that men have a slight advantage regarding intelligence as compared to women, which increases with age
So, to draw an oversimplified and non-scientific conclusion, men have relative chances to eventually be more intelligent than women. However, they have good chances to be stupider than women.
Of course, to correctly test the observational hypothesis, according to which “women show their stupidity faster than men”, a study should be performed which would approximately have the following design:
- we run a stupidity-measuring psychometric questionnaire to a lot standing a good chance at providing a lot of persons with high stupidity quotient;
- we run an interpersonal intelligence-measuring psychometric questionnaire to a lot having good chances at providing many persons with skills of fast knowing the other people – for instance, therapists, coaches;
- we choose an equal number of people with high stupidity quotient, both men, and women, let’s call them “stupid”;
- we choose an equal number of people with high intellectual intelligence quotient people, both men, and women, let’s call them “intelligent”;
- we make the groups interact, as follows: each intelligent person shall evaluate in a sequence all stupid people, and shall establish their level of stupidity, and measure the required time until reaching this conclusion. In the end, for each stupid person, we shall calculate the mean value based on the reports of all intelligent persons;
- in the end, it shall be checked whether men or women have shown their stupidity faster, and all sorts of other interesting things.
Of course, it would also be required for all participants to also be measured in terms of other psychometric traits, which could influence the study: the size of the information (general, details), level of energy (proactive, reactive), the speed of reasoning, which can influence the speed of the answers.
Copyright © Marcus Victor Grant, 2017-present