The avatar civilization [en, blog] may characterize the whole style of our digital era by what is now perceived through instant multimessaging: a paradoxically stone-like state, which allows us, even more, conditions us (as a freedom to which we have become captive on our way to embrace it [en, video]) to be in one certain spot in order to participate in a certain stream of messages. While other times, when legends with many saints and heroes were created, standing still was a state of unrestless exaltation; it was raising until paroxistic levels of some soul’s states of a collective mental self-projection; it was the life thirst and the salvation will of a human rase or nation, concentrated in a single man’s firm, unbending presence: a Hero, or a Saint…
How paradoxical would it seem in such times so filled with communication opportunities as ours, digital men, women, and children, future digital citizens, to not truly hold knowledge nor art of respecting others, or of the happiness of dissipating communication?
Only someone who is truly preoccupied and responsible by his or her self growth can actually know how to dissipate communication. But the digital men, women and children, are never “busy”. The digital people are always on hold, waiting for ephemere eventualities. Their work does not raise from their inner self spirit, God-given gift, but the opposite, the most of them do something so they would have what to live from, to have an occupation, as they communicate because it’s part of the job description, from their role, from what is expected of them, and not because of expressing themselves.
- If your job is an attorney, you will argue to whatever vision you wish to support.
- If you are a medic, you will advise towards a better, healthier life.
- If you are a copywriter, you will envision, elaborate and skillfully master the art of words for the purpose of creating meaning in the imagination of the reader.
- If you are a digital marketer, you will write about subscribers-grabbing strategies.
- If you are a mother, you will protect your children.
- If you are a father, you will financially support your family.
- If you are a child, you will learn, in order to gain financial independence, freeing your parents from their “burden”.
All of these, sometimes, with the price of losing the very meaning in communicating yourself [en, blog].
Some digital people get addicted following a pattern, automatically working according to their sub-identity, to their job description, afraid of not ever remaining alone. Alone with themselves, looking into oneself like into an abyss.
In such conditions, the art of respecting others for who they truly are, or the happiness of dissipating communication become diminished, being automatically delivered to pending trash / spam / recycle bin folder. You may, at most, have the wish for taking a rest, a “party”.
If you have enjoyed this article, you will also enjoy the whole series I have written on this topic [en, blog].